7 Ways to Add Value to Other Peoples’ Lives
One of the most important aspects of personal growth is helping others along the way. The most successful people are not the ones who think “how can I get rich,” but rather “how many people can I help?” Helping others is the key to being prosperous in the first place. When you make the right contribution choices and add value to not only yourself, but others as well, you are paving the road to success. Here are some ways you can live your life usefully and give your assistance to others.
- Be a Mentor to someone who may need your expertise on a topic or needs help getting inspired. Use your wisdom to shed some light on their own personal growth and help them reach their goals.
- Challenge Others to think critically or to push the limits on what they can do. Cheer them on when they are close to success!
- Show someone you care or that you understand a problem they are going through. Be a merciful light when someone is going through a dark time.
- Share a load whether it’s a huge workload or an emotional haul. Even if someone doesn’t ask, helping with pressurized moments is always appreciated.
- Bring the fun and laughter wherever you go! Times may get dull but that doesn’t mean they can’t be fun.
- Give perspective and offer other points of view. Some people have a hard time putting themselves in other people’s shoes.
- Love others unconditionally.
Each morning, think about “what do I have to give today?” Whether you make one small or one giant difference in someone’s day, the bottom line is that you added value to someone’s life. The more you think about giving rather than taking, the more you’ll actually receive in the end.
This article was written by Ron Nursey who is a member of the John Maxwell leadership team. If you are interested in growing yourself and your business please reach out to me in an email at RonCNursey@gmail.com.